Actually, E3 has always been considered the biggest gaming event, but more often than not, smaller shows of console manufacturers and developers are broadcasted throughout the year, so that the computer games show in Los Angeles doesn't have much left to present. Since E3 didn't have much to offer this year, the gaming community is now wondering about new game announcements for the next generation of consoles. This is exactly where The Game Awards could be the missing piece of the puzzle. Probably the most influential gaming journalist in the world, Geoff Keighley, has invited and many of the very big studios are following his call.
An award ceremony becomes a hotspot for new games - when does it start?
Of course, The Game Awards will live up to its name this year, but in addition to honoring the best, most innovative and most beautiful games of the year, many gamers are primarily interested in the presentation of new video games. This year's digital event will surely put a lot of focus on new games.
The Game Awards will be held on December 10, 2020 and will be broadcasted live. So those of you who want to be there live should prepare their alarm clock and caffeinated drinks and make sure they're well rested.
The live streams will be broadcasted on Twitch as well as on YouTube. Those who want to enjoy the whole event in 4K are advised to turn on YouTube, because only there the event will be shown in next-gen quality.
What can you look forward to?
Well, there are official confirmations who will present something and there are rumors. Let's start with the official ones:
- Dragon Age 4:Fans have been waiting for a sequel to the roleplaying game hit "Dragon Age: Inquisition" for a long time. Geoff Keighley now announced via Twitter that Dragon Age 4 will be presented at this year's Game Awards.
- New revelations:12 to 15 completely new games will be shown. No specific developers or other names have been mentioned so far, which probably means that there will be some of everything.
- A new Dead Space?:The brains behind the SciFi horror series is game developer Glen Schofield. He will present his latest game. Which that will be, however, remains to be seen. We would be happy about Dead Space 4!
- Nier: Replicant:We will also get new information about Nier: Replicant. The Nier series has been an insider tip among JRPG fans for years, and with Nier: Replicant, a new edition of the game released in 2010, polished for next-generation, will be released in April 2021.
Leaker and insider everywhere you look, - but it is not uncommon for wild theories and leaks to turn out to be hot air. Therefore, these rumors should probably be treated with caution:
- Elden Ring:The mysterious project of FROM SOFTWARE and George R.R. Martin, the author of the Game Of Thrones books. Announced at E3 2019 with a brilliant trailer, fans of dark fantasy RPGs have not heard anything about this ambitious game since then. While creative Soulsborne fans on Reddit scrambled their own version of the game due to lack of news, the Tokyo-based studio may have made considerable progress in development. Haven't they? Insiders claim that the game is almost finished and the big gameplay trailer will be shown at the Game Awards.
- Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid for the PS5:Allegedly there is a new Silent Hill game in development, as well as a complete remake of the classic Metal Gear Solid, which was released on the PS1 in 1999. It remains to be seen whether the leakers are right and whether we will see something about it at the Game Awards.
Geoff Keighley welcomes celebrity guests
The host of the event will of course be Game Awards founder and producer Geoff Keighley. As every year, the friendly journalist will guide us through the evening and certainly make no secret of his enthusiasm for video games. But this year there will be some top-class guests. Spiderman and Uncharted actor Tom Holland, Wonder Woman actress Gal Gadot and Brie Larson, who stepped into the shoes of Captain Marvel for the Marvel films, will be among the guests.
Quality Content right from the heart of a passionate Gamer. :)