Knossi (* July 7th, 1986 in Malsch), whose real name is Jens Heinz Richard Knossalla, is a German Twitch streamer, entertainer and presenter. The German entertainer started his career by participating in various television formats and as a poker commentator. Before his breakthrough, he tried his hand as an amateur actor, entertainer and presenter on television and took part in TV shows.
Knossi is known for his expressive, authentic, positive and strong emotional traits. His trademark is a golden crown, which he wears on all public occasions. Fittingly, he describes himself as the "only true king".
His streaming content consists mainly of online slots, online poker, gaming, a talent show and a talk show. As a live streamer, he now leads the top regions of the world ranking list and thrills hundreds of thousands of viewers on Twitch, YouTube and Instagram.
Since July 2020, Knossi has held the German record for having the most simultaneous viewers in a German-language stream on Twitch. In addition, on August 1st, 2020 he received the highest bit-donation ever donated on Twitch.
Info-Box (retrieval August 2020)
- Language: German
- Streamer name: Knossi
- Real name: Jens Heinz Richard Knossalla
- Age / Birth Date: 34 / July 7th, 1986
- Network: none
- Official website: https://knossi.de
- YouTube subscribers: 1.1 million
- Twitch followers: 1.3 million
- Instagram subscribers: 1.2 million
Platforms / Channels / Content
On his Twitch channel "The Real Knossi" Knossala mainly streams content related to online slot machines (slots) and online poker. He has been active on the streaming platform since 2016.
Knossi is also known for his online talent show, in which he lets other streamers compete against each other in singing, rapping or other categories. The viewers choose the winner, who then receives a Knossi host as a prize.
In his talk show he invites various followers from his Discord server to talk about all kinds of topics, which the invited guests choose themselves. He does not shy away from profound topics such as love, psyche and loss. These are topics that many streamers like to avoid.
As a guest or co-host at his shows, Knossi relies on prominent guests. MontanaBlack, Bushido, Manny Marc, Frauenarzt, Sido, Kim Dotcom and Pietro Lombardi have already been part of the show.
Apart from casino and just-chatting content, he is occasionally in the gaming genre active. Mostly Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and PUBG are being gambled. In the gaming streams
Knossi comments every playful move and adds a high value to the gaming experience.
Besides Twitch, Knossi has three channels on YouTube. On the main channel "Knossi" you can see highlights from his Twitch streams, which are mostly about casino sessions where he has already made larger profits.
The official second channels "Knossi-Clips" and "Knossi-Stories" on the other hand contain short videos (max. 5 minutes) of special streaming moments and vlogs.
Apart from the streaming and video portals, Knossi is mainly represented on TikTok and Instagram. In addition to the varied content, he grants many insights into his private life.
Life / Career
- Knossi was born on July 7th, 1986 in Malsch
- About his childhood / youth is only less known
- His dream as a child was to be on TV one day
- However, he completed an apprenticeship as a bank clerk
- In 2006 he won one prize after another in the live TV competition 9Live
- He was not interested in winning, but rather in hearing himself on television.
2008 - 2010
- In 2008 Knossi sent an application to BigBrother - but he received a rejection. However, the production company saw potential in him and made him an offer to play on the TV show “Wipeout - don't cry, run!”. Knossi gratefully accepted this invitation. At the show he finished fourth and left a good impression.
- This was followed by many smaller isolated appearances in shows and soaps on Pro7, Sat1 and RTL. These included among others: Lenßen & Partner, K11, Richterin Barbara Salesch as well as Richter Alexander Hold.
- In addition to the smaller TV appearances, Knossi worked as a claims manager in a debt collection agency.
- After two years of smaller appearances, in 2010 Knossi appeared in his biggest show to date: Der Kreuzfahrtkönig
2011 - 2013
- In 2011 he was also allowed to participate in bigger shows like "17 Meter" with Joko and Klaas as well as in the pros seven show "Pokerstars sucht das Pokerass" - which he also won.
- By winning the poker show, Knossi gained greater recognition. This was radiated in 11 episodes and the prize money amounted to $118,330.
- The year 2012 was then a little quieter. Knossi commented on some shows and was also allowed to participate in the pseudo-docu-soap Mieten, Kaufen und Wohnen.
- In 2013 a dream of Knossi came true, because he was allowed to play a small role in the german cult series GZSZ.
- In addition, he achieved one of his greatest poker successes this year. At the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas he reached the 240th place of a total of 6,352 players. He received prize money of around $37,000.
- Beside this success the self-proclaimed king could be pleased also privately. He married his faithful companion Tamara Knossalla.
- In 2014 Knossi was mainly used as a commentator and moderator for Poker2day.
- In 2015 he gained his first experience on Twitch as a commentator and moderator of poker tournaments. In the same year he also took part in the "Let's play" poker show in Las Vegas. Together with a teammate they won $5,000 prize money, which was donated to a good cause.
- In 2016, Knossi himself began to be active on Twitch. The main streaming content was poker and slots games. Already after the first 6 weeks Knossi had an average of 215 viewers per stream and became a Twitch partner
- In the same year, he also commented on the permanent advertising program Spin and Go by Pokerstars.de, together with Miss Bavaria winner Verena Mann.
- He also owes his breakthrough on Twitch to his friend MontanaBlack. He made the online casino (slots) big on the streaming platform, but got into trouble with the authorities in 2018. He then referred his followers interested in slot content to Knossi. Soon, however, the bad boy from Buxtehude had to hand over his Twitch crown to Knossi. Knossi raced into the fast lane and generated revenues of around $354,990.
- From 2018 onwards, his popularity increased and the king's community grew ever larger. Today Knossi is one of the most successful streamers measured by audience time and number (top ten worldwide) on Twitch.
- In 2019 there was reason for joy in his private life again. On March 9th, Tamara and Knossi were allowed to embrace their son for the first time.
2020 - today
- In 2020 Knossi appeared in front of the cameras again: In January the film "Kartoffelsalat 3" - a german musical film - was released, in which he played the popular role of Mr. Hackebarth.
- In the same month he also released his first song "Alge". The track, which was actually intended for his community, entered the German single charts at number 50 and has to date generated 8.6 million views on YouTube (retrieval July 2020).
- In addition to these two successes, the King also suffered a major private setback in the spring of 2020. The couple Knossi & Tamara separated.
- Despite the difficult circumstances, the King did not let himself be slowed down and released his second single entitled "Katsching". He performed it together with Die Atzen and reached number 89 in the german charts for one week.
- In mid-July 2020 Knossi organized a 72-hour fishing camp 2020 with Sido, Manny Marc (Die Atzen) and Sascha Hellinger (UnsympathischTV). The event, sponsored by Streamheroes, was broadcast on his Twitch channel and was a huge success (see "Greatest successes"). Up to this point in time there never was such a hyped online event on a German speaking twitch channel.
- After the cancellation in 2008, Knossi was allowed to take part in the warm-up show Big Brother on Sat1 in August 2020.
Small Fun fact:
To the song "Alge" Knossi also published a schnapps of the same name, which consists of lemon and lime juice and with 15% vol. alcohol awakens and amuses every mind. And to match the Angelcamp, viewers could purchase an exclusive Streamheroes fishing camp collector's album, limited to 2,000 pieces.
- Viewer record I: In the period from July 1st to 30th, 2020 Knossi took first place in the Twitch world rankings. On the one hand, he managed to do this by the largest number of viewers - an average of 91,600 - and on the other hand with 12.5 million viewtimes, which put English-speaking streamer sizes such as xQc and NICKMERCS in second and third place.
- Audience record II: The reality event Angelcamp 2020, which was broadcast from July 16th to 19th, 2020 Knossi also recorded the highest number of viewers ever measured on a German-language Twitch channel who watched the same stream simultaneously. On the first day he broke the record held by MontanaBlack (188,000) with 218,000 viewers, before he broke it again the following day when he had 312,000 viewers on the stream at the same time.
- Donation record: Knossi received a donation of 555,555 bits (purchase value: $7,336) from his long-time subscriber "migoliani" on August 1st, 2020. This amount of bits had never before been donated to a streamer on Twitch.
In October 2020, the "König des Internets (King of the Internet)" published a book under the same title. "König des Internets- Über meinen Aufstieg und Erfolg als Streamer (King of the Internet - About my rise and success as a streamer)" is a mixture of biography and success story, which tells about the life of an enthusiastic and fun-loving artist.
Knossi takes the reader on a journey through his emotions and thoughts. He tells of how hard work, happiness, tenacity, his unconditional love of entertainment and deepest, honest gratitude to his community made him what he is today.
A formative quotation from the book shows how much the entertainer appreciates his happiness:
"A ruler is only as good as his people. He who, as a benevolent ruler, does not appreciate how far he has come thanks to his followers, does not deserve his place on the throne".
Knossi's success story on 208 pages will be published on October 20th, 2020 and will be available for purchase in bound form for $24 in the relevant stores. In addition to Knossi's career, readers can also look forward to personal advice, which he links with appropriate anecdotes and memorable memories.