PS4 Streaming Guide: How to stream on your PS4
For PlayStation 4 players it is easy to stream games on twitch. In this article we will take a closer look at this topic and go through the steps needed to set up the Twitch app on Playstation4. In addition, the setting options within the Twitch app will be explained in more detail. Now nothing should stand in the way of streaming with Playstation4!
Downloading the Twitch-App
The Twitch app can be found in the PlayStation Store via the search function. Simply enter “Twitch”, select the app and download it. With the Twitch app you have the following features available in the game:
- Using the PlayStation camera for picture-in-picture broadcasting (Facecam)
- View Twitch chat display while streaming a game
- Using the Playstation4 microphone to communicate with your viewers
Starting a Broadcast
Only a few steps are required to start a new broadcast after installing the Twitch app. It all starts with a simple press of the “Share” button on your Playstation4 controller.
After pressing the “Share” button, a menu will appear where you can select some options for sharing game content. Select “Broadcast gameplay” and then select Twitch as the destination of your streams. Follow the link to the Twitch website, where you will be asked to log in or create a new account. This step is only necessary when logging in for the first time. For all subsequent broadcasts you will automatically get to the stream overview after selecting Twitch.
On the stream overview that appears after the login you can set whether you want to use your camera and microphone and if you want to see the comments of your viewers on the screen.
Now you only have to select the title for the stream and the desired transmission quality and start your first broadcast on Twitch with “Start transmission”. When you are finished, the transmission will be terminated by pressing the share button again during the stream.
Finally, a few short hints on common problems when streaming with Playstation4 and its solution. If your problem is not addressed here, you can always contact Twitch’s support by clicking on “Send us an e-mail” at https://help.twitch.tv/.
- The camera microphone is only used if no headset is connected. If the camera microphone does not respond to the Playstation4 while streaming, check whether a headset is connected
- If you have made the wrong settings before streaming, you can change the settings for camera, microphone, comment display and other options by pressing the SHARE button.
- If you don’t see any comments, note that comments are only displayed at a screen resolution of 1080i or 1080p